How gas and solar appliances can help ease the loadshedding burden
How gas and solar appliances can help ease the loadshedding burden -
Like it or not, loadshedding has become a way of life for South Africans, with little prospect of a short-term solution. Now is a good time to look at investing in solar or gas geysers and stoves – or in a home that includes these as part of the purchase or rental agreement. There are many benefits to renting or purchasing a home with a solar or gas geyser and stove.
• Lower energy bills: A home with a solar geyser will have lower energy bills, as hot water is produced using the sun's energy. In the same vein, gas is often cheaper than electricity, providing a cost-effective way to heat water and power a stove for cooking.
• Increased comfort: A solar or gas geyser ensures a constant supply of hot water, improving the overall comfort of the home. They are also more energy efficient than electric geysers, as they heat water faster, using less energy. In the same way, gas stoves are generally more energy-efficient than electric stoves, meaning you use less gas to cook your food compared to the amount of electricity you would need to cook the same meal on an electric stove.
• Increased home value: A home with a solar or gas geyser, and a gas stove, can have higher value compared to similar homes without these appliances.
• Improved reliability: Solar and gas geysers aren’t affected by power outages, ensuring a constant supply of hot water and avoiding costs associated with alternative heating sources.
• Minimal maintenance: Solar and gas geysers have minimal maintenance requirements and typically have a long lifespan, providing peace of mind to homeowners and tenants alike.
A home with key appliances that are independent of electricity is fast becoming a sought-after commodity in South Africa. At M&T Development we have a number of developments equipped with the latest in solar and gas technology, all aimed at limiting costs – and the impact of loadshedding – for our tenants and homeowners.
• Better for the environment: A home with a solar or gas geyser reduces its carbon footprint and supports a cleaner environment. These appliances also have precise temperature control, reducing energy wastage and lowering costs.